Nestled cozily in a quiet nook of the famous Candolim beach, in north Goa, Rockheart has more than just a picture postcard setting behind its name. The creation of Rockheart, home to a legendary Goan institution in himself and author, Frank Simoes and his creatively inclined wife Gita, was a long, tiresome yet magical journey. An acre and a half of lush loveliness a mere 200 metres from the waves, shaded by the arms of the coconut groves. Where the air is scented with the nectar of local blossoms, and where gulls and squirrels curiously explore. At last, he had chanced upon the foundation of Rockheart, and according to many….God’s Chosen Acre!
Gita transformed the bare acre into a holiday lover’s paradise. Each of the 3 bedrooms is tastefully done up to reflect the refined taste the Portuguese left behind. Rockheart is also every beach lover’s haven. A mere wall separates you from miles of endless beach, that is flanked by the Arabian Sea and dotted with local shacks offering the most mouth watering Goan cuisine with an always cheery disposition. Lounge away those languid sultry afternoons on a hammock in your private garden, or share a round of drinks with friends on the open air deck as you take in a romantic Goan sunset.
As part of our efforts to raise social awareness for various causes, we at Rockheart need your help in doing so. Rockheart donates 2% of every guest’s total bill to a charitable cause close to the owner’s heart.
Rockheart consists of a two-storey main house and an optional guest cottage.
- A magnificent L-Shaped lounge and dining room furnished with an eclectic mix of old colonial, antique and rattan furniture.
- Enter the verandah through two sets of double doors which run the entire width of the house. There is additional seating on the deck which extends into the garden.
- The ground floor also plays host to a well equipped, modern, fitted kitchen and a guest cloakroom.
First Floor :
A beautiful polished wooden dogleg staircase leads to the two double bed first floor bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1 has a large carved double four poster bed and an en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 2 has a flexible arrangement of either a 6 foot double bed or twin singles and an en suite bathroom.
Both of these beautiful bedrooms have traditional shell shuttered doors that lead out on to first floor balcony for whiling away those lazy goan afternoons., which is furnished with antique planter chairs and chaise lounges.
Adjacent to the main house is the delightful guest cottage, This pretty hexagonal cottage houses the third (optional) bedroom. It has a furnished verandah, three sets of French windows that open out on to the garden. The cottage has a double bed, an en-suite bathroom and a small mini bar fridge.